Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dear Blog,

Last weekend was The International Dota 2 championships in Seattle. My sister got to go there, I was pretty jealous. I had to work at the auction house the whole weekend, so I didn't get to watch as much as I wanted to. Because of the time difference the grand finals were supposed to be played around 5 AM CET (sundaynight), and although I started out determined to stay up for this (since I was free on monday) I really didn't manage to keep my eyes open. I went to bed thinking I'd see who won in the morning, and then when in the morning I read IG beat Na`Vi I felt like maybe not watching had made my favorite team lose :(. (ridiculous I know)

Anyway, IG really deserved the win, and they looked so happy I really couldn't feel bad about Na'Vi's loss. They'd won once already anyhow.

I should be applying to a lot more jobs than I currently am. Somehow each time I apply I get my hopes up, and then when it doesn't work out I just feel disappointed. I should throw out a wider net to catch more fish.

Oh and one more thing, please help me remember the awesome dream I had a few days ago. I was in Minecraft but everything looked real, and I built an awesome forest intending on building a tree house later on. I asked the server owner, who was building a railroad I approved of, if he could please make me a horse. He then gave me a beautiful black Frisian on which I continued to explore our world. I discovered other people had already built tree houses, so I wanted to do something else.  I discovered the entrance to an abandoned castle, and had just decided to build my house here when a huge stone gollem showed up (he kinda looked like a huge tiny + aghanims from Dota 2 cause he was carrying a tree). I took off on my horse and he followed me so I led him to the group of people near the tree houses I had seen earlier and took off. Not one of my nicest moments, but then again it was just a dream.

1 comment:

  1. You figure it means something? The forest being the world and you trying to build/find your own place in it? With a specific need to be original? But unable to do so because you feel chased away by something you're scared of? Chased away towards something you feel is more common? The tree being carried by the gollem perhaps signifies something? Anyway, the frisian horse may signify your degree, since it made discovering the world a whole lot easier :) And I think the abandoned castle is an interesting part! Perhaps you feel like your place in the world, or the way you want your life to look (or perhaps even your talent) is already there, it just needs to be discovered, but your scared of something, and that fear is holding you back :) Next time if you have such a dream, it may be interesting to go lucid (i know you have experienced that before) and go explore! :) just my 2 cents ;)

    ReplyDelete